Home / Logistics / Linking Buildings
Temporary Links Between Existing Industrial Buildings
Providing temporary links to existing industrial buildings and temporary industrial sheds or storage buildings can optimise processes and increase efficiency. Providing a quick flexible temporary weather proof solution to protect product from adverse conditions.
Linking industrial buildings of any size or dimension
Different types of links for industrial buildings
- Our standard link will directly join a temporary building to an existing facility with an open doorway for pedestrian and forklift access. Eg, a temporary loading canopy to a warehouse building or a temporary warehouse to a production unit.
- Two or more temporary buildings can be gutter-linked together.
- Bespoke canopy links can be designed to link two buildings together.
Why use temporary links to join existing industrial buildings?
- Keep goods, equipment and employees dry during loading and handling processes.
- Ensure your temporary building integrates with existing processes.
Installation of a standard link to join existing industrial buildings
Dismantling temporary links which join existing industrial buildings
The link is fitted as part of the standard installation process.
Walls – 40mm insulated steel sandwich panels are fixed to the gable uprights of the temporary building and sealed to the doorway of the customer’s building.
Roof – using the same panels, the roof is placed at the top of the walls and sealed to both buildings.
Fixing – a polymer sealant is used to fix the link to both buildings.
If the building is off-hired the link will be dismantled with the temporary building.
There will be no residual marks or holes as no screws have been used and the sealant can be removed using a cleaning spirit.
“This was the third project you’ve handled for us, and as always, we were delighted with every aspect. I’ve racked my brains, and just can’t think of anything I’d want done differently – great product, great service!”Neil Jones – Procurement Manager, Vector International Ltd